Ric Flair Confirms He Wants To Wrestle In WWE
Mark Madden is featuring an interview with WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair where he talks about his recent return to the company on RAW.
“I wanted to wrestle, but they told me I never could. I think I basically wrestled (the last Monday night) didn’t I?,” Flair said to Madden. Madden brought up the retirement angle with Shawn Michaels atWrestleMania 26 and how WWE wants to stick with it.
“I think they do, but the business is the business. A lot of times right now as we all know, what’s old is new. They can try and lose me, but I won’t let’em.” Flair also noted that he got text messages from Kid Rock and Mickey Rourke who all saw his return on TV with WWE.
Hulk Hogan Offered Big Money Deal To Wrestle In Mexico
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Hulk Hogan was reportedly offered a big money deal recently by Multimedios in Mexico to take part in a wrestling match. Hogan is then said to have turned the offer down, claiming there was “no way he would consider wrestling again.”
This comes after Hogan recently said he wants to capture the TNA title. Hogan is currently 59 years of age.
Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan & Their Kids Party Together Last Night
Ric Flair was seen with Hulk Hogan Saturday night, reportedly at Hulk Hogan’s new restaurant in Florida. The restaurant opens to the public tomorrow. Hogan posted some pictures of him with Flair and his son Nick with Flair’s daughter Ashley (who is currently a WWE developmental worker). If you’re interested, you can click here to view the photos.
UPDATE: Hulk Hogan has now confirmed that the pictures he took with Ric Flair and his daughter Ashley were from his restaurant at Hogan’s Beach which opens to the public this Monday night. Hogan also announced that attending the opening will be Ric Flair, Jimmy Hart, Al Perez, Matt Morgan, Jim Neidhart and “Bushwhacker” Luke Williams. Hogan also hopes that Ed “Brutus Beefcake” Leslie and The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobs and Jerry Sags) will be there too.
Orton Replacing Mysterio
Randy Orton is set to replace Rey Mysterio, teaming with Sin Cara against Primo and Epico on next week’s house show tour of Puerto Rico. Mysterio is still dealing with his family issues, which as previously reported is why he was written off TV.
Alberto Del Rio Pulled From The SmackDown Tapings
Despite being advertised, Alberto Del Rio did not appear at the WWESmackDown tapings in Richmond, VA on Sunday night.
A graphic aired at the RAW TV tapings on Saturday night promotingAlberto Del Rio vs. The Big Show for the World Title on this week’s SmackDown. That match never took place and Del Rio never appeared on the show. Something is clearly up. The main event for SmackDown wound up being Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. The Big Show and Antonio Cesaro.