WWE Raw TV notes
– John Cena beat C.M. Punk clean in a classic 27-minute TV main event to re-earn a WWE Title shot against The Rock at WrestleMania 29.
– Triple H returned to TV to resume a feud with Brock Lesnar, who bled heavily during their opening-segment brawl. WWE claimed that Lesnar required 18 This was after Mr. McMahon and Paul Heyman’s “fight” was interrupted by Lesnar.
– WWE played video of The Undertaker’s WWE return at a house show in Waco, Texas on Saturday, but Taker did not return to TV on Raw. The idea was to promote “rumors and speculation” on Taker’s return during WrestleMania Season.
– The Jack Swagger/Zeb Colter heel program continued without interruption on the first live Raw following “Mr. Swagger’s” arrest for allegedly driving under the influence, speeding, and possessing marijuana.
– Next week’s Raw will carry the “Old-School Raw” theme. The Rock is scheduled to appear on Raw next week, but no returning Legends were announced for the show. “Mean” Gene Okerlund did announce in his first tweet that he will be appearing on the show.
– The Shield continued their feud with the “All-Star Babyfaces.” This week, it was Sheamus and Randy Orton. Sheamus also continued his feud with Wade Barrett, making it unclear which direction WWE is going with Sheamus at WM29.
– Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole will be part of Friday’s “Social Media Smackdown” due to JBL being absent from TV this week for his latest mountain-climbing quest.
– Johnny Curtis will debut his “Fandango” dance character on Friday’s Smackdown.
Brock Lesnar Injured On RAW
During the opening segment on RAW, Brock Lesnar was busted open the hard-way after brawling with the returning Triple H. He was slammed into the ring post and was busted open.
Upon arriving backstage, we’re told Lesnar received around twelve staples to close the wound. He was walking around after being stitched up and was telling people he’s “fine”.
Triple H Returns
As expected, Triple H made his return to WWE on RAW this week. He came out to “save” Vince McMahon from Brock Lesnar. The two will be having their rematch at WrestleMania 29 as we’ve been reporting.
– Triple H has now joined Twitter @TripleH. He sent out the following tweet during RAW: “Time to play the Twitter game… #Raw”
Paul Heyman’s ‘Fight’ Reaction Video
Here is a new Tout from WWE’s account of Paul Heyman following his encounter with Vince McMahon on Raw:
Old School Raw
WWE announced that next week’s episode of RAW will be an “Old School” episode of RAW. The Rock is advertised and we can assume that other legends will be showing up.
WWE releases footage of “crashing” Glenn Beck’s studio
Monday night, WWE released footage from earlier in the day when WWE announcer Michael Cole attempted to “crash” conservative commentator Glenn Beck’s studio in Irving, Texas to get a comment on their invitation to appear on Raw from Dallas.
The staff members at Beck’s studio were not blurred out as Cole tried to get word with them. Cole was eventually “escorted out” of the building after being told that Beck would not address WWE.
After this played out at Beck’s studio, WWE issued a press release complaining that Beck “hid from WWE.”
The following is WWE’s press release on the subject:
Glenn Beck declined WWE’s invitation to address our fans live on Raw® tonight and then hid from WWE reporters when approached this evening at his studios in Dallas. WWE attempted to get comment from Beck but was unable to gain building access after Beck’s representatives said he was “not in the building,” which clearly couldn’t be the case just prior to his show airing live from the same studio.
Beck referenced WWE as “stupid wrestling people” in a segment that aired on TheBlaze TV last week, criticizing a recent WWE storyline involving WWE characters World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio™, Jack Swagger™ and Zeb Colter™.
Similar to other television shows and feature films, WWE is in the entertainment business, creating fictional characters that serve as protagonists or antagonists. To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines.
WWE is creating a rivalry centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view. This storyline was developed to build the Mexican American character Del Rio into a hero given WWE’s large Latino base, which represents 20 percent of our audience.
Vince McMahon Upset During RAW Main Event
Source: The Wrestling Observer
Vince McMahon was reportedly angry during the main event match between CM Punk and John Cena on RAW. McMahon was apparently upset when CM Punk and John Cena did the piledriver spot during their match. The move being done in the style it was is banned in WWE because of the potential danger to a performers neck.
While McMahon was upset in the moment, nobody is expecting anything more to come of issue other than McMahon saying something to Punk and then moving on.
All Japan Pro Wrestling Has New Owners
The Japanese corporation Speed Partners purchased 100% of the stock of All Japan Pro Wrestling. Nobuo Shiraishi, the president of Speed Partners, made the announcement on Tuesday in Japan and it is expected to lead to major changes in the struggling company.
The company was originally formed in 1972 by Shohei “Giant” Baba, and had major success in the 80s on TV and in the 90s until the death of Baba, and almost every top star leaving to form Pro Wrestling NOAH.