Two weeks before the Royal Rumble, WWE champion C.M. Punk and The Rock brawled ringside before they were separated to conclude Raw. Because WWE does not have referees and agents break up fights very often, it made the issue seem more explosive ahead of their WWE Title match at the Rumble PPV.
– After Raw went off the air, Punk and Rock resumed their brawl before Rock hit Rock Bottom to send the crowd home happy.
– Kaitlyn captured the Divas Title from Eve, who promptly “quit” WWE as a storyline explanation for her reported departure from the company.
– John Cena beat Dolph Ziggler in a steel cage main event.
– Ric Flair and Mick Foley made unannounced appearances. In a segment designed to enhance The Miz, Flair was Miz’s interview guest on Miz TV before Antonio Cesaro interrupted. Foley appeared on Raw to be recognized as the first 2013 WWE Hall of Fame inductee and be a potential victim for The Shield. However, Ryback, Randy Orton, and Sheamus fended off The Shield.
– WWE CEO Vince McMahon also made an announced appearance opening Raw to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the show.
– Announced for Friday’s Smackdown is Alberto Del Rio hosting a “fiesta” to celebrate his World Title victory last week.
– Additions to the Royal Rumble PPV include Del Rio vs. Show for the World Title and IC champion Wade Barrett in the Rumble match.
What Happened After WWE RAW Went Off The Air
After WWE RAW went off the air this week, The Rock walked up the ramp to cheers. CM Punk remained in the ring and grabbed a microphone.
Punk challenged The Rock to “Just Bring It!” The Rock came back to the ring and they brawledfor a little bit. The Rock then hit a Rock Bottom on Punk to send the crowd home happy.
Punk was helped to the back by referees.
The Updated WWE Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View Card
Here is the updated WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view card:
WWE Title Match:
CM Punk vs. The Rock
World Title Match:
Alberto Del Rio vs. The Big Show
WWE Tag Team Title Match:
Team Hell No vs. The Rhodes Scholars
Royal Rumble Match:
John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre, Antonio Cesaro and twenty-two others.