TNA’s Big PPV Overhaul
TNA has officially announced that they will be shifting their focus from monthly live pay-per-views to four live shows on PPV per year. The promotion has announced that their live pay-per-view events will be Genesis on January 13th, Lockdown on March 10th, Slammiversary on June 9th and Bound for Glory on October 13th.
To fill the monthly spots, the promotion will hold seven pay-per-view specials dubbed “TNA Wrestling: One Night Only.” The three-hour taped specials will kick off in April and run throughout the year on the first Friday of each month. This is where the tapings this weekend will come into play; as previously reported, they are a “Joker’s Wild Tag Team Tournament and X-Division show.
Dixie Carter commented, saying, “The Pay-Per-View industry has changed so much in the last decade. The traditional pay-per-view wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly television programming as well.”
UPDATE: The following pricing structure is in place for TNA’s new PPV model:
TNA Wrestling: One Night Only: $14.95
TNA Genesis 2013 & TNA Lockdown 2013: $34.95
All live PPVs from Slammiversary and all live PPVs after except BFG: $39.95
TNA Bound for Glory: $44.95
Here an an update on the themes for the upcoming taped “One Night Only” events for TNA which will be airing on the first first Friday night of monthsTNA is not broadcasting live PPV’s:
* TNA X-Travaganza, featuring the stars of the X-Division (airing in April, taping 1/13).
* TNA Joker’s Wild Tag Team Special, featuring enemies teaming and a Battle Royal final (airing in May, taping 1/13)
* TNA Hardcore Justice 2 - ECW reunion style “hardcore” show featuring hardcore stipulation matches bringing in ECW talents.
* TNA ”10 Reunion” – Stars from the early days of TNA battling inside a Six-Sided ring.
* TNA Knockouts Knockdown – One night Knockout tournament with the first round being all stipulation matches and the final four in a “test of their stamina” to see who the final victor is.
* TNA International Incident – One night tournament featuring talent from ” United States, India, Mexico, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Japan & the UK” with the winner earning a TNA title shot.
TNA X-Division World Cup Tournament – four teams of X-Division wrestlers in a one night tournament featuring singles, tag, six man and eight man tag bouts.
* TNA World Cup of Wrestling – Four teams, each captained by a TNAwrestler featuring a Heavyweight wrestler, a tag team and an X-Division wrestler battling in singles, tag and stipulation bouts. The finale will be a “two ring, triple chance Battle Royal.”
There are currently no confirmed taping dates yet for the specials beyond January.
Tyson Kidd Injured
Tyson Kidd is reportedly injured and will be out of action for ten to twelve months. No word yet on exactly when the injury went down, but it was during the holiday house show tour.
Kidd suffered a fractured knee and torn ACL. He worked through the injury not only for the rest of the match, but also on the next night of the tour. That’s one tough son of a you know what!
The Top 5 Rumored WrestleMania 29 Matches Are
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
At this time, here are the top five rumored matches that WWE will be working toward for WrestleMania 29…
* The Rock vs. John Cena (WWE Title)
* CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
* Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
* Randy Orton vs. Sheamus (World Title)
* Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara – This match may be off the cards. We’ll have more shortly.
Orton vs. Sheamus would of course require one of them to win the world title, but with the Rumble & Elimination Chamber PPVs and many weeks of TV, that change could easily happen. Randy Orton will also be turning heel prior to WrestleMania 29.
Keep in mind these are just rumored plans that are being discussed at the current time.
Dixie Carter Reveals 2013 TNA IMPACT! Plans
WWE HasWrestling GamePulled From Google PlayMobile App Store
WWE has had the “Wrestling Revolution” app removed from Google Playmobile app storeafter it became the most downloaded and highly-ratedwrestling gameon Android.
Although the game depicts a fictitious alternate universe, and is largely influenced by Japanese wrestling, WWE took exception to it appearing in searches every timeMichael Coleencouraged fans todownloadthe official app.
Wrestling Revolution is still available on iOS, where it has yet to surpass the popularity of WWE’s official apps.
The game’s sole creator, MatDickie, received the news on Christmas Day and has expressed dismay that WWE were not able to “show tolerance and respect” in this instance.
The First Member Of The 2013 WWE Hall Of Fame Class Is?
The New York Post reports that Mick Foley is expected to be announced as the first member of the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame ceremony will take place on April 5th in Madison Square Garden. Foley has written in his books about being inspired to become a wrestler based on seeing Jimmy Snuka come off the top of the steel cage on Don Muraco during an event he hitchhiked to at the Garden.
The official announcement is expected for this Monday’s 20th Anniversary of Raw.
UPDATE: Mick Foley posted the following response to the rumors that he is going into the WWE Hall of Fame…
As far as the HOF: I’ll believe it when I see it on @WWE TV…or when I get a phone-call from Vince. Better check my VM for message from VKM
The original source of the report was from this article in the New York Post.